Open Access Centre for Marine Research is the subdivision of Klaipėda University, aimed to ensure proper operation of the scientific infrastructure of Marine Valley and open access to the R&D services for internal and external users, to facilitate science and business cooperation through high level scientific and technological research.
Main activities of the Centre are R&D in marine environment and maritime technologies.
Open Access services for science and business:
- Multipurpose research vessel for modern oceanographic research and marine engineering services;
- Analysis of biogeochemical processes and biological components of marine ecosystems;
- Modern marine biotechnology, alternative fuel and renewable energy solutions;
- Efficiency of waterborne transport including solutions for efficient energy and polution prevention;
- Marine constructions reliability , monitoring and non-destructive control.
A part of Open Access Centre for Marine Research infrastructure was established after the Lithuanian Government (23 July, 2008, Resolution No. 786) approved The Programme of Integrated Science, Studies and Business Centre (Valley) for the Development of Lithuanian Maritime Sector with a purpose to establish and develop Marine Valley in Klaipėda.
The 18th Conference of Goose Specialist Group will take place on 27 – 30 March 2018 in Klaipėda, Lithuania. The event will be hosted by the Klaipėda University and Baltic Valley Association, on behalf of the Goose Specialist Group.
The program will include plenary talks by leading goose experts, oral and poster presentations, workshops and round tables, and a field trip to Nemunas River floodplains.
Conference topics involve a variety of research fields related to geese:
- Migration, reproduction and wintering ecology.
- Species interactions, population dynamics and management.
- Eco-physiology, diseases.
- Impact of global change and anthropogenic activities.
Abstract submission and registration is opened!
- 15 November 2017 – Deadline for abstract submissions
- 15 December 2017 – Confirmation of submitted abstracts
- 15 January 2018 – Deadline for registration of early birds. Registration of late birds starts.
- 20 March 2018 – Deadline for registration.
- 27-30 March 2018 – Conference
Visit conference website http://apc.ku.lt/geese