dr. Nerijus Blažauskas
R/V MINTIS – a multipurpose research vessel for the complex oceanographic research and applied marine services. The vessel is equipped with modern hydrographic, geological, geophysical and biological equipment, high accuracy positioning and advanced communication systems.
Sailing vessel “Brabander” – classical type sailing platform perfectly suitable for sailing training, traditional and scientific sailing campaigns, applicable for professional and recreational diving activities, small scale marine oriented exhibitions and lectures, a classical tool for marine culture representation.
Services include sampling, laboratory analysis and expertise
- Geological investigations of the sea floor. Remote scanning of the sea-bottom, sampling and shallow coring activities for the analysis of type and distribution of superficial sediments and identification of basic geological conditions. Characterization of the geological setting, composition and basic mechanic properties of the sediments.
- Geophysical and geo-engineering investigations onshore, internal waterbodies and open sea. Investigation of the geological structure of the seabed, shallow seismic for engineering purposes, deep seismic for oil and gas exploration industry. Geophysical profiling available in order to identify buried objects – archaeological, military munition, obstacles for underwater infrastructure development projects.
- Investigations of sea bottom morphology. High-resolution full coverage of bathymetric measurements in shallow (up to 40 m) and deep – up to 600 meters waters. Inspection of navigation routes and ports, dredging operation control, nearshore sediment balance and dynamics, pre-engineering offshore studies, river and lake bathymetry.
- Investigation of marine biodiversity. Sampling and analysis of water column and benthic communities (both qualitative and quantitative) along with visual inspection of the type and distribution of marine benthic habitats.
- Hydrological investigations. In situ measurements of the content of suspended matter, current velocity, turbidity, salinity, pressure, conductivity, temperature, oxygen content. Water sampling for the further analysis at the Coastal Environment and Biogeochemistry Laboratory.