The doctorate school was established by the governmental decision of the Ministry of Education and Science in 2003 and went through quality evaluations in 2011 and 2015. The doctorate study programme is largely oriented to marine environmental research and aquatic biology. The School is run by the Doctorate Committee which is responsible for general procedures of admission, quality control and public defence of the PhD Theses.
- 4 years full-time studies (incl. basic scholarship), typically start at November 1;
- basic annual scholarship (net amount) includes €4.740 (1’st study year) and €5.400 (during 2-4 years), support for travels and basic consumables is approx. €6,400 (for 4 years); extra funding and exemptions depend on call and selected topics (see specific conditions for a call topic);
- 4 study courses (30 ECTS) during the first year of study (international courses are possible);
- PhD thesis may be presented either as a monograph (two papers published in Clarivate Analytics (CA) indexed journals required with a PhD student being the first author in at least one paper) or as a collection of at least four CA publications (a PhD student being the first author in at least two papers);
- Research results presented in at least two international conferences.
- Diploma of master’s degree (or adequate qualification) incl. annex/supplement;
- notarised translation of the master’s degree diploma and its supplement into the Lithuanian language;
- document recognizing the qualification acquired abroad issued by the Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education of Lithuania; two recommendation letters; CV; copies of Scientific publications (if any); research Project; Copy of ID document; admission fee varies annually, but typically does not exceed 100 Eur (contact administrator for information).
admitted to topics on the basis of an open competition based on:
- published or accepted scientific publications;
- research proposal (5-12 pages);
- grade point average of master’s diploma;
- interview (life or via Internet).
For more information please contact: Egle Navickiene (e-mail: email@example.com, tel. +370 46 398898)