Research of efficiency and environmental protection of ship power plants, ship hydrodynamics and renewable energy use is carried out and developed in laboratory of Waterborne Transport Technologies.
- Research of alternative liquid and gaseous fuels efficient use in diesel power plants.
- Improvement of energy, ecology and reliability rates of existing transport diesel engine plants using an optimisation of load cycles.
- Hydrodynamic research of ship’s hulls, optimizing ship’s hull forms aiming to reduce water resistance, fuel consumption and air pollution indicators.
- Ship motion and stabilization research, aiming to ensure ship’s safe exploitation.
- Research of dynamics of liquids and flow around formed objects, modelling and research of operational processes for hydro-objects and equipment.
Analysis of air pollution and pollution from energy equipment, research of fuel physical – chemical properties:
- Mobile, high precision, automatic complex gas analyzers for NOx, SO2, CO, O2 measurements in emission sources: HORIBA 250, Testo Maritime;
- Mono component, automatic gas analysers (for NOx and O3 ) measurements in ambient air. This equipment is used measurements of for air pollution with harmful gases;
- Fuel testing equipment: automatic solid and liquid fuel elemental composition (C, H, S, N, O) analysis equipment, automatic calorimeter. Cold fuel characteristics (flash point, pour point, filtration temperature), cetane number, lubricity properties, oxidative stability, water content in the fuel and moisture content in solid fuels, ash content determination in solid fuels equipment.
- Mobile complex ambient air pollution (NOx, SO2, CO, CO2, PM 2,5; PM 10) laboratory