Tentative program (pdf)
We are pleased to announce that the 18th conference of Goose Specialist Group will take place on 27 – 30 March 2018 in Klaipėda, Lithuania. The event will be hosted by the Klaipėda University and Baltic Valley Association, on behalf of the Goose Specialist Group.
The program will include plenary talks by leading goose experts, oral and poster presentations, symposia and round tables, and a field trip to Nemunas River floodplains. Basic topics will involve a variety of research fields related to geese as their migration and reproduction ecology, eco-physiology, diseases and management of populations. Other topics related to waterfowl ecology, biology and the impact of global change and anthropogenic activities are also welcome.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION IS CLOSED and registration is open!
- Deadline for application of conference attendance grants is 1 December 2017
- 15 December 2017 – Confirmation of submitted abstracts
- 15 January 2018 – Deadline for registration of early birds. Registration of late birds starts.
- 20 March 2018 – Deadline for registration.
- 27-30 March 2018 – Conference
- The 16th meeting of the Goose Specialist Group in 2014, China
- The 5th Conference of the Goose, Swan and Duck Study Group of Northern Eurassia
The 17th Conference of the Goose Specialist Group of IUCN-Species Survival Commission and Wetlands International 2015, Russia