The future ecosystem services of the Lithuanian coastal zone: the global change perspective (EcoServe)
Project acronym: EcoServe
Project full title: The future ecosystem services of the Lithuanian coastal zone: the global change perspective
Project duration: January 2018 – December 2021
Total budget: 599 189.94 EUR
Fund: European Social Fund according to the activity ‘Improvement of researchers’ qualification by implementing world-class R&D projects’ of Measure No. 09.3.3-LMT-K-712
The project aims to predict the future ecosystem services in the coastal Lithuania improving the muldisciplinary modelling and prediction tools and capacity of Lithuanian researchers to apply them. The project is focused on the mapping, validation and modelling of ecosystem services in the area of the Curonian Lagoon and Nemunas delta in a view of climate change and local socio-economic scenarios.
Tasks of the project
- Environmental data collection and do socio-economic analysis.
- To questionnaire different stakeholders to prioritise and quantify ecosystem services.
- To explore the projections of the climate change scenarios and its impact on existing ES through physical modeling.
- To explore feedbacks between the effect of climate change on the existing ES, the changing societal needs and new emerging ES that may respond to the environmental pressures in the study site (socio-economic modeling).
- To develop future socioeconomic scenarios of ES and human, economic and social activities for sustainable development
- To prepare a set of guidelines for sustainable development
The project is divided into four activities (work packages):
- Activity 1 – data collection and provision
- Activity 2 – identification, quantification and mapping of existing ecosystem services
- Activity 3 – modeling
- Activity 4 – projections of future ecosystem services
dr. Hans Georg Umgiesser – Project leader, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
dr. Artūras Razinkovas-Baziukas
dr. Jan Žukovskis
dr. Zita Rasuolė Gasiūnaitė
dr. Jūratė Lesutienė
dr. Lina Marcinkevičiūtė
dr. Petras Zemlys
dr. Ali Ertürk
dr. Rasa Morkūnė
dr. Vytautas Pilipavičius
Jovita Mėžinė – managing questions, e-mail: email@example.com